Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Running in Pasadena


Over the past two days, I (Justin) have had a couple crazy experiences in Pasadena as I have been running. I thought it would be fun to take different routes to explore the area around our home. One night I decided to head south towards Fuller Seminary and I get no more than a mile down the road when a family of raccoons darts out in front of me. It looked like five baby raccoons and their mother. I stopped dead in my tracks as I locked eyes with the mother raccoon and at that moment I decided it would be in my best interest to turn around and run back home.

The second experience occurred as I was running down to the rose bowl. By the way it is really nice to only be a mile and a half away from the rose bowl. I was heading back from the rose bowl and I was in a residential area when all of the sudden I hear some rumbling coming from the bushes in front of the house that I am passing by. At that moment I turn my head to the left to see what all the commotion was about and here comes a rooster charing from the bushes right at me. I dart across the street without even looking. Lucky for me there were no cars coming. I look back and see the rooster standing at the edge of the yard, chest puffed out, as to say "don't come near my yard." After my heart slowed down a little, I stopped and reflected on my experience, where am I? I asked myself. I thought we were in Pasadena California, really close to Los Angeles, but I feel like I am back running in Hudsonville. Two days in a row and I see animals living in the city that don't belong in the city. It was a couple pretty crazy experiences.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Turns out running is bad for you!! I knew it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the D.R...
    On my runs (okay, my walks), I had roosters and chickens, cows and horses, and many street dogs follow me - watch out, you never know what might get you next time!

    ReplyDelete